I made this recipe for the first time this morning. Sunday’s are typically crazy in our house. Rushing for showers and getting ready for church. Due to the current quarantine we watched church from home and kept our social distance but y’all, can I just say, no amount of social distance should keep you from sharing this amazing melt in your mouth recipe with your family and friends.
Speaking of family, I am happy to have had my great grandmothers loaf pans handed down to me. Everytime I use them I can’t help but wonder what all she made with these pans. All the time and love that was poured into them. and oh my I bet it was delicious!
It is a dream of mine to create a collection of hand written recipes to keep in a binder and hand down to my children one day. It is for that very reason that I created a FREE RECIPE CARD PRINTABLE for you to preserve your recipes with.
There really is nothing more special than handing down a personalized, hand written, tried and true recipe for generations to enjoy!
Amish Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 1 CUP BUTTER SOFTENED
- 2 CUPS WHITE SUGAR
- 2 EGGS I PREFER FARM FRESH
- 2 CUPS BUTTERMILK IF YOU DONT HAVE BUTTERMILK YOU CAN MIX 1TBSP VINEGAR PER CUP OF MILK, 1:1
- 4 CUPS FLOUR SIFTED
- 2 TSP BAKING SODA
- 2/3 CUP WHITE SUGAR
- 2 TSP CINNAMON
- Cream butter, sugar and eggs together
- Add milk, flour and baking soda and place 1/2 batter into 2 greased loaf pans
- In a separate bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar with a fork
- Sprinkle 3/4 sugar mixture onto batter in the pans
- Top off each pan with remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar
- Swirl with a knife
- Bake at 350° for 45–55 minutes or until toothpick test is clean
PIN THIS RECIPE